Welcome to the website of Professor Steven V. Ley FRS CBE and his organic chemistry research group. Our labs (The Whiffen and the Innovative Technology Centre) are in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Cambridge.
**CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE TO EVERYONE AS WE HAVE NOW REACHED AND PASSED 800 PAPERS!**
- Flow cycloproponation using in-situ generated diazo compounds
- Flow chemistry: intelligent processing of gas-liquid transformations using a tube-in-tube reactor
- Back pressure regulation of slurry-forming reactions in continuous flow
- Flow chemistry as a discovery tool to access sp2–sp3 cross-coupling reactions via diazo compounds
- Total syntheses of linear polythiazole/oxazole plantazolicin A and its biosynthetic precursor plantazolicin B
- A systems approach towards an intelligent and self-controlling platform for integrated continuous reaction sequences
- The rapid synthesis of oxazolines and their heterogeneous oxidation to oxazoles under flow conditions
- Organic Synthesis: March of the Machines (Early View)
- Flow chemistry meets advanced functional materials
- Camera enabled techniques for organic synthesis
- Flow chemistry syntheses of natural products
“Complex synthesis remains a challenging occupation requiring an exceptional level of experimental skill, extensive knowledge of both mechanistic and molecular reactivity, and a bold, inventive, and creative spirit. It is the combination of these qualities that transforms the synthesis process from one of simple logistics to an art form.” Steve Ley
Email any comments about the website to Rebecca Myers (email@example.com) or Jo Lockhart (firstname.lastname@example.org). We welcome academic and industry visitors to our group.